Saturday, July 10, 2010

TUTP

Let me first say that I hope at some point I'll be able to consistently post about great runs. I'm hoping for that to be in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Now, let's get to my title... TUTP... it's something every runner has to deal with at some point. We all hate it, but we have to face it. The Urge To Poop. That's right folks... TUTP is a fairly common and very serious ailment. It can ruin any run. It has ruined many a run for me. It is a good way to work out your glutes, however.

You have a couple of choices when TUTP affects you. You can cut your run short, and hurry home, defeated, or, in the words of Tom Arnold in Austin Powers, you can "show that turd who's boss!"

I chose the latter. Because of this, I was forced to take many a walk break, and spent most of the last mile walking. Ultimately, I had the victory.

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 58:11
Pace: 11:38

1 comment: