Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Look What I Got!

I went to the beach today to do my long run. It was tough, but I did it! Failure was not an option. I ran straight until 6.9 miles, and then took a walk break about each mile afterwards. Getting better!



My calves and feet started to hurt after 10 miles. As soon as I finished and stopped my iPod, an older man on a bicycle zoomed past me and yelled, "Looking good! You can do it! Keep up the good work!" I thought that was nice. Older people tend to be nicer out on the path than younger people.



I used to allow myself to have a chocolate milk after a 5 mile or longer run. Because I'm trying to lose another 5-10 lbs, I'm changing that to 10 miles. I had one waiting for me in the car today, and boy, was it tasty!



About today's title: I received my training t-shirt for the Detroit Marathon today in the mail! I also ordered a sweater, which they did not have in stock. They called and asked if it was ok to substitute with another sweater, which I said was fine. They sent a Detroit Marathon magnet and a Camelbak water bottle for the "trouble." Score! :)



Here's the shirt. I think I'm going to wear it at the race this Saturday. I'm not sure how I feel about the race. I did not enjoy myself last year whatsoever. I wasn't going to do it again, but felt like I should try to do better. It is a very hilly race, and they say you probably won't PR here. I'd like to get a course PR, though! Last year's time was 1:10:57. I was the second slowest woman in my age group. I'd love to get 1:08!




P.S. - Is it just me, or is this shirt intimidating? I tired it on and showed my hubby, and he responded with, "Eep! 26.2 miles!" :)

Distance: 12.01

Time: 2:21:05

Pace: 11:45

1 comment: