Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eight Miles

My first week of official marathon training hasn't gone exactly as planned, but I did manage my long run today. I ran the whole thing, bright and early this morning, no walk breaks. It felt good and I didn't push too hard. I tried not to stress over my pace, but was really hoping for under 11 minute miles. I just made it. My left knee seems to be bothering me this evening, but hopefully I'll just stretch it out and it'll feel better.

I'm looking forward to building the mileage. While the long runs seem to be the most fun for me, some easier runs sound good too, especially to help with pace.

I registered for another 10k at the end of July. I ran this race last year, and hated it. I decided I should give it another try. I'm hopeful for a better time, and a better experience. And of course, a better race photo.

Happy Canada Day!

Distance: 8.02 miles
Time: 1:27:04
Pace: 10:51

No comments:

Post a Comment