Friday, July 16, 2010

Disappointing

My run can be summed up in one word: disappointing. I could blame it on plenty of things, but the truth is that I haven't run all week. That's the reason why. Not that this week has been really busy for me; not that I have not been able to sleep well all week, so used that as justification for skipping runs. I just didn't do it. Excuses only get you so far, and it's true that they say you make your own priorities. It was my choice to not run, even though I appeared to have a good reason or two. If I really wanted to run, I would have made the time. I'm not sure I have the discipline required for marathon training, but I'll keep trying.

My 9-mile run turned into a 5 mile walk-and-run. The sun was too high, my pace was too slow, my legs were too tired. And I took four days off.

Distance: 5.01
Time: 58:52
Pace: 11:46

No comments:

Post a Comment