Saturday, July 17, 2010

Treadmill

I considered running this morning before work, but with the whole "not sleeping" thing, I chose not to. Instead I ran on the treadmill tonight.

I wondered if maybe I should go by my training schedule. I consider myself to be a rule-follower for the most part, but apparently not when it comes to training for marathons. My schedule said to do 4 miles today, at approximately a 12:14 pace. So, on the treadmill I went, and didn't worry about my pace. I felt a little like throwing up, since I ate so much garbage today, so I decreased my speed some and just tried to make it through. I managed with a good pace. Hal Higdon says you shouldn't run all of your runs at the same pace. He says it's better if you vary your pace depending on your runs, so that your body is always working differently.

As I was uploading my run to the Nike+ site, I checked out Facebook and found this quote on the Crim's (My favorite race last year - a 10 miler!) page:

Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing.

Ouch. Did I need to hear that after doing so poorly the past couple weeks!

Distance: 4.06
Time: 46:24
Pace: 11:25

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ouch! Why did you have to post that??
    Or, perhaps more accurately, why didn't you post that a few weeks ago. :)

    ReplyDelete