Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good News and Bad News

The good news - I had a personal record today on my 5k run! Woo hoo! Thanks, Lance Armstrong, for telling me so! It's not often I hear someone talk to me after a run, but when I do, it's pretty cool!

The bad news - I can't get the day off to run the 25k in May. What a bummer! I'm glad to start a new job, but the bad news is I'm on the bottom rung, so if anyone else wants a day off, they get preference over me. It's a little frustrating since I've been training since January for this, and I'm a little unsure of where to go from here. Do I increase my mileage now, plateau this summer, and increase again in the fall? Or increase mileage slower than planned (like 1 mile per two or three weeks) and just go forward until the marathon in October? Fun things to think of no matter what.

Today I registered for three races - all races that I did last year. I'm hoping to get a better time on each race. My first race of the year is in six weeks. A 5k! I'd LOVE to get under 30 minutes, but I'll settle for better than 33:36 (last years' time). I'm not sure I have enough time to get under that 30, or at that 30 minute mark, but if I can shave a few seconds off my time today, I'll be happy.

Yesterday I weighed in at the lightest I've been for three years! During my run this morning, I was thinking about how much better I feel at this weight than my highest of 160lbs. I felt so much lighter, running felt so much easier. I'm looking forward to losing 5-10 more pounds.

Distance: 3.12miles
Time: 31:47
Pace: 10:10
Weight: 146

No comments:

Post a Comment