Monday, February 22, 2010

Four Miles

I tried to put off my run today when I got home from work and grocery shopping. It would have been more fun to (continue to) stuff my face with Girl Scout cookies, but knowing I have a long run planned for Wednesday, I felt like my legs needed another work out before then. I jumped on the treadmill and ran 4 miles. I had a great pace today! My hip started to hurt again after about a mile. I think I need to spend time stretching it out every day. I remember it being injured when my hubby and I took karate a few years ago. Oh well, these things happen. Hopefully it will calm down again once I have a regular running schedule!

I think that I'm going to have to start running before work, at least once or twice a week. I'm not sure how else I'll get 4 runs in a week. I'm not a morning person in any way, so this will be a huge deal. I'm the kind of girl that wakes up with exactly enough time to shower and get out the door without being late. I frequently eat breakfast in the car. So, to get up an hour earlier than required is going to take some willpower! We'll see how it goes!

Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 42:54
Pace: 10:39

1 comment:

  1. GREAT PACE!!! We had a snow day, so no gym for me... :(

    ReplyDelete