Monday, March 15, 2010

My husband, the coach

Turns out my husband, who has never been a runner, and has absolutely no interest in ever running, knows how to train me.

We both got home at about the same time today, and I told him I wasn't sure if I should do a long run today and take tomorrow off, or run tomorrow and take today off. He told me to run both days. Well, silly man, that doesn't work with long runs. I like a day off before and after a long run. His response? Don't do a long run this week. Hmm... great idea! So, I'm attempting to run more than twice this week with no long run. He's so smart.

Five wonderful miles in the sun! I need to stop using the treadmill now and just run outside. The problem with that, however, is not having enough clothes to run in. See, on the treadmill, it doesn't matter what you wear, or if you wear anything at all. But outside, I think that's illegal. Thankfully the Nike website has clearance items! I chose to treat myself to a couple of new items. I can't wait to get my new gear!

Distance: 5.02
Time: 53:16
Pace: 10:36

No comments:

Post a Comment