Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ten Percent and the Long Run

It's been a full month since I had a long run. With not doing the 25k in May, I contemplated doing only 5 miles. Or maybe I'd do a 10k... after all, that's more than I've run in weeks, and I don't really need to work on my mileage until June. I thought about this during the first 5 miles of my run, and then thought about the marathon in October. If I take the easy way out, and don't push myself, how can I hope to complete a marathon? Good question... so I ran 8 miles. With a few walk breaks in there.

Yesterday marked a new low for me. I have now lost 10% of my body weight! It took me since last October, but I'm there! I'm feeling more like myself these days. My goal is only 5 lbs away, but I might change it to 10. I'll wait until I get there to decide.

Distance: 8.01
Time: 1:28:33
Pace: 11:03
Weight: 144.8

No comments:

Post a Comment