Saturday, March 27, 2010

About That Training Schedule...

So much for it! I planned to run on Thursday night... my schedule said to run 2 miles. I got dressed and planned to do 3.1, but then changed my mind. I then decided to try getting up early on Friday and running on the treadmill before work. Friday morning came, and I got a call from my manager asking me to come in an hour and a half early. So much for the run!

I kept reminding my hubby on Friday that I had to run my scheduled 5 miles on Saturday after work, no matter what. He texted me at work and asked if I wanted to go to the beach and run there while he fished in his kayak. Sounds good to me - I love it there. Then I made another decision... to run 10 miles. I was at 8 miles for probably a month or more, and that 10 mile mark was an itch I really wanted to scratch. For some reason, it feels like the perfect distance. Ten miles and 10k. I really enjoy both of those.

I ate my oatmeal, laced up my shoes, and drove off to the beach. I dropped off the hubby at the water front, parked on the other side of the park and went off. I wore my Fuel Belt, and really hoped it would be too big for me, now that I've lost 10% of my body weight, but unfortunately, it still fit.

I felt great! It got hard at the 7 mile mark, but I pressed forward. It was quite chilly, so I kept running to get it over with. At the 10 mile mark, I happily stopped and walked to the car. I had a great run, and I'm SO glad I went for it!

Now, how to modify the training schedule...

Distance: 10.01 miles
Time: 1:48:04
Pace: 10:47

No comments:

Post a Comment