Monday, March 29, 2010

Speed Work

The sun was gracious enough to come out in time for my 5 mile run today. Well, my schedule has today as a rest or cross train day, not a run day, but I don't want to run tomorrow, and I felt like my legs needed to be worked today, so here we are.

Speed work for this Friday says I should do a half mile at 9:24 pace, and then a half mile of cool down (I chose to do Friday's run on Monday. Don't ask me why). Repeat three times. I don't think I ever made it to the 9:24 pace, but I got pretty close! I also had the best average pace I've ever had. As time went on, it looked like I might be able to make 5 miles in under 50 minutes, but I missed it by 15 seconds! Oh well, there's always next week!

Distance: 5.01
Time: 50:15
Pace: 10:01

No comments:

Post a Comment