Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Six Miler

I was all set to run yesterday - planning to do 5 miles on the treadmill... I started laundry before hand, and after taking out the "hang to dry" items, I realized the necessary gear had all been washed in one load, and was all wet! Oops! Better planning next time, huh? Instead, I chose to punish myself on the Bowflex, and my chest and abs hurt today from it. Score! I'm going to try to get another one of those workouts in (along with the plank, wall sit and wall push ups).



Because I missed yesterday, I made up for it today with a six mile run. It is 28 degrees out today, and that extra 5 degrees from the last snowy run really made a difference. I was too hot. I did not wear the tank this time, but it was still too much. I think I'll forego the cotton tights next time, and just wear the running pants.



My friend, Susan, found me an awesome neck warmer that I could use to keep my chin warm! It was great! I couldn't find my fleece head band/ear warmer thingie (that's the technical term). I washed that too, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it will turn up! I instead wore a moisture-wicking hat from The Running Room that my sister got me a couple of years ago. It worked great! So great, that, after 2.5 miles, my head was sweating and I had to take it off. I think the fact that it was so sunny helped too! I felt much better after that (this time the gloves only stayed on about a half a mile). Well, then my ears got too cold... so I used the neck warmer and pulled it over my ears and over my chin, but not over the front of my head. I thought I looked like an idiot, but let's face it, winter running is hardly about looking good.







My pace was a little slower today. I really wish people would shovel their sidewalks. It's very frustrating. I still made my goal pace of under 11:28 though, so I'm happy.

Distance: 6.13 miles
Time: 1:09:41
Average Pace: 11:21/mile
Weight: 150.8

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Great pic! Way to go on the Bowflex and the six miles!!! Rock on Sister!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta get me one f hoe neck warmer thingies! I don't think they sell those here. It's like the running stores think we live in te tropics. It's hard to find warm gear. It gets pretty cold sometimes and I find my chin is the coldest part too. If you find one, can you send me one?? Pretty please?? xoxoxo!!

    ReplyDelete