Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Run of 2010

Yes, it's January 5th, and it's my first run this year. I thought it was best to take my time running again, with this lingering cold/flu/cough. I'm feeling mostly better, despite occasional coughing fits!

I did 4 miles today. I started struggling at 0.5 miles! I wanted very much to walk, or only do 3.1 miles, or maybe only 2 miles. I started to break things down and ask myself questions... "Run for 4 more minutes. Run at least until the 2 mile mark. Now run until 30 minutes. 5 more minutes. You just made it to 3 miles, you can run till 3.5. Now you're almost there, just run 3 more minutes!" I would also ask myself, "Do you want to walk during the 25k because you didn't train hard enough? Did you like having to walk at mile 7 of your half marathon?" " Do you want to stay at this weight, and not push yourself?" My answers were no, so I kept on running. I managed to run the whole way.

Sometimes I get frustrated that, in September, I could run 10-12 miles without stopping, and now I can barely do 4 miles. I know you lose your cardio very easily, but it is sure irritating! What a good reason to not stop running after a race! :)

Things I need to work on: eating closer to the time I run. I last ate 2+ hours before I ran, and felt very weak. I also need to be consistent in taking vitamins! I always feel better when I do!

Distance: 4.01 miles
Time: 44:50
Average Pace: 11:10
Weight: 151.6

My goal is to be 139 pounds by the 25k race on May 8th, and be the thinnest/fittest I've been for a race. I also want to keep my average pace below 11:28, so that I can attempt to run my first marathon in 5 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Good job for running the whole way!! You can DOOOO it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I am so impressed and overwhelmed... how am I gonna catch you now??? ♥

    ReplyDelete