Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Long Run

The sun was shining today. The snow remains. Last night, I found a great deal on a running jacket (that has wind and water resistance). I got it with my left over Christmas money, and also got a pretty blue fleece WITH thumb holes. The jacket was 75% off, and the fleece was 60% off. Great deals, and exactly what I was looking for.

I ran outside today, doing my "long" run of 5 miles. I always thought those people who ran outside in the winter had a screw loose. Turns out there's something really calm and peaceful about it. I had on a pair of cotton leggings, running pants, a running tank and long sleeved, swirly black running top, WITH thumb holes! And then I had the new fleece and jacket on. I also wore a fleece head band thing for my ears and my lovely Lululemon gloves. I could have done without the tank, I think. I was warm, but not hot. I took my gloves off at about 1.5 miles. The only part of me that stayed cold was my chin! Brr!

I also had a great pace today, which surprised me. There was a lot of snow I had to run through, and it was like running on the beach. You know, except for it being 23 degrees.

Distance: 5.11 Miles
Time: 55:56
Average Pace: 10:56/mile

1 comment:

  1. Thumb holes! :) You're so brave for running in the cold and snow!

    ReplyDelete