Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Seven Miles

I did my long run today of 7 miles. The first mile was pretty rough. Even though Google said it was 32 degrees, it felt a LOT cooler than that. I wasn't sure I dressed warm enough. The first mile was very cold.

I took a different route around the neighborhood this time. I figured it would be too monotonous to do the same 1 mile loop seven times. It was nice to see different areas.

I noticed this last year while training for the half marathon... the first 3-4 miles are always difficult... like I'm fighting with my legs to find my stride. I'm constantly thinking about how my feet are landing, how high I'm lifting my legs, if I'm going fast enough, etc. Then, after 4 miles, it all seems to work itself out. I still checked my pace a few times on my iPod, but it just flowed more naturally at that point. Don't get me wrong, it was still hard, but it felt much better than the first half.

Turns out I was plenty warm enough!

Distance: 7.02 miles
Time: 1:16:24
Average Pace: 10:53/mile
Weight: 149.0

2 comments:

  1. I've read that even for marathoners the first 3 miles are the hardest. I can't make it much farther than 3 miles yet, but that's motivation to push farther for sure. I've already figured out the hard part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just noticed you're under 150!! Way to go, sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete