Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rough Run

I hoped today to go to the beach and run 10 miles. Instead, the forecast was thunderstorms. I waited all day for the storm to come, and it didn't, though it was very wet the whole day. I finally managed to get on the treadmill, but I just wasn't feeling it! There are days when no amount of talking to yourself is going to get you motivated.

I tried to do 5k but just couldn't manage it. I tried to go faster than normal to make up for the fact that I was doing 5k instead of 10 miles. It didn't work, and I chose to stop. I should have just slowed down and finished what I started, but I didn't. I still consider it a successful run, though, because I actually got on the treadmill. I could have just skipped the day!

Distance: 2.62 miles
Time: 27:01
Pace: 10:18

No comments:

Post a Comment