Monday, April 19, 2010

I Ran Today

I'm having a hard time coming up with clever titles for blog entries. Can you tell?

Boy, I was sore today at work. I sat quite a bit, and when I would get up, from my hips down to my feet... I was sore. It was good to get out today and shake the soreness out. This is the least amount of time I've taken off after a race - one day.

I decided to do an easy 5k today... however, I set my iPod for 10k. I thought, I'll go easy, not worry about my pace, and run as far as I want. If it's 5k, then great. If it's 10k, good! I didn't want to push myself.

I ran the whole 10k and didn't check my pace once! That is a record for me! Too bad Tiger Woods didn't tell me so through my earphones. Harumph. I had a great run. Still some pain in the front of my legs (not shin splints) for a couple of miles, but it worked itself out. Things felt good, though, for the most part, and it was truly freeing not worrying about my pace. I had to tell myself a couple of times that it was ok if I had a slower pace than normal... it's two days after a race, I was bound to be slower.

After I finished my 10k, I listened to the recap on the iPod. I had a new record for the 10k!! How did that happen?! That doesn't even make sense!! I beat my last record by almost a full minute. Fifty-four seconds to be exact. That is exciting.

Distance: 6.23 miles
Time: 1:03:09
Pace: 10:08

1 comment: