Saturday, September 25, 2010

Get Down With the Sickness

I haven't run since the 18th. My legs are yelling at me, and my training schedule is demanding I run, but I can't. I am ill. I was supposed to do a 12 mile long run this week, but this flu/cold/nastiness has kept me off the roads.

I'm a little nervous about the half marathon now. I'm really hoping I can do it in less than 2:30. I'm also nervous about packet pick up the day before. My husband will not be home that day so I will have to go by myself to get it. I'm trying to look at this as an opportunity to enjoy the Expo without him saying he's bored and wants to go home. Maybe I can find a fun running shirt or something while I'm there.

I have decided what I'm going to wear, for the most part. A black shirt that my mom got me for Christmas last year. It has thumb holes and swirls on it. It's pretty much amazing. It also has a pocket in the back for my cell phone, which I'll want to carry with me. I'm not sure if I'll wear black shorts or capris. For some reason I think shorts with a long sleeved shirt look cute on runners. I'll try them both and see how I like them. I'm not sure if I'll wear sunglasses or go without. I can't find my visors, but I bought a new greyish white one that I could wear.

I'm also nervous about driving down there the day of the race. Who knows where to park? Not this girl. I think I figured out that I have to get up around 4-4:30 am on race day in order to get there in time. Yikes. The good news is that I don't usually sleep well the night before a race anyway, so...

I am very much looking forward to the race. It cross the border twice, so that will be exciting. I've done two races in Canada, but it will be fun to run in the Motherland again.

I'm hoping I'll feel well enough to do a long run on Wednesday. I guess, worst case scenario, I'll just be walking more than I wanted to during the half. I can live with that!

Perhaps Fall races aren't the best idea for me! Oh, I found a race in November I might do. A 10k near my house. Sounds cold. And fun.

1 comment:

  1. "Sound cold. And fun." I'm pretty sure I've never used those two phrases in sequence before. :D I've not seen a shirt with thumb holes, but it sounds intriguing. I hope you start feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete