Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm Blue, Baby!!

Nike Plus has different colors based on how many miles of runs you've uploaded. I just turned blue! That means I've uploaded 1,000 kilometers, or 621 miles for my American friends. That is exciting! I'll be here until 2,500 km (1552 miles), so I'd better get used to the blue.

I was going to run this morning before work, since I had a successful time yesterday, but when my alarm went off, I said forget it. I should have just gotten up though... I couldn't fall back asleep. I also loved the feeling yesterday at work when I kept thinking about how I didn't have to go home and run, or I didn't have to forego my run because of poor planning. Today I thought about my run all day at work. Then when I got home, I contemplated for a couple hours about whether or not I really should run, or take the night off. I ended up going at about 7:30 pm, which seems like it should be too late. I know a lot of people run later, but I've read you should give yourself at least a few hours after a run before going to bed, because you may not be able to sleep.

Once again, I did not allow myself to check my pace on the iPod, but just ran comfortably and steadily. I had a better pace tonight than yesterday! I feel like I'm back! Maybe not at 100%, but definitely 85%. Maybe even 88% or 90%. Or 92%. Running is feeling more natural again.

Distance: 5.02 miles
Time: 53:03
Pace: 10:34

No comments:

Post a Comment