Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Boo Hoo

Rough run today. I chose not to get up early to run. Instead, I went out at 11am. Bad move! The weather looked ok, though. The sun was not out, and a storm was coming. I thought it might be ok. It wasn't. The humidity was horrible! I thought I was going to die a few times. Thankfully, I didn't. My feet, ankles and arms all swelled up and made things very uncomfortable. I took too many walk breaks. Then it started to rain and the wind was unbelievable. I figured I'd do 5k and that would be it. I really needed to do 6 miles this week, however, so I chose to come home and jump right on the treadmill to do the other 5k. I paused my iPod and set up the fan in the window next to the 'mill. I tried to do another 5k, but just didn't have it in me. I managed 5 miles. I can't take this heat!

I'm going to attempt 10k again on Friday morning. EARLY! I won't be able to do a marathon if I'm training like this, so I must suck it up and get up early!

Distance: 5.06 miles
Time: 57:28
Pace: 11:20

No comments:

Post a Comment