Monday, June 6, 2011

One Mile Monday

I wanted to get out early and do a slow 5k. Instead I went out late and did one mile! Have I ever mentioned how I'm not a fan of the heat? It's true.

I decided that one mile of running would be good to work out the soreness in my legs. I feel good now. Plans for the week are 5k tomorrow, 5k Wednesday and maybe a 10k over the weekend.

On my way down the street, I met a dog! She was laying on her front porch and wagged her tail at me. She wanted to come see me, but didn't. She had a big cone on her head and a bandage and bag on one foot. I wondered why she was in the front yard with no leash or owner. She seemed like she was safe there, though, as she wasn't leaving the yard, so I went past.

Coming home, she ran up to me and jumped on me. I talked to her for a little while and looked down her driveway... that's what happened! The gate to her backyard was cracked open. I brought her down to the gate and put her in. She didn't want to go. Finally I got her in and shut the gate, but she kept pushing on it and opening it again!! I shut it on her three times, and told her "no" gently when she'd push. I think her owner must have come outside because she took off towards the house after that. Either that or she's super sensitive!

When I got to the house, I noticed the peonies that face my neighbors were blooming. I snapped some pics.



Distance: 1 mile
Time: 11:50

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... dog rescue mid-run!

    LOVE that black and white shot of the peony! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good neighbor. :) I've done that with my neighbor's dog, except she's not friendly or trusting, so I had to lure her back into her yard with treats. I was finally successful, but it was so much trouble, I'm not sure if I'd do it again. :P

    ReplyDelete