Thursday, June 2, 2011

On The Road Again... Literally

I've missed blogging! I've also missed running.

I haven't run consistently since September/October, and it shows. Mostly in my stomach. And in my pace. And also my thighs. I quit my job at the end of April, and it's been wonderful. It has also been difficult to get back into running. I have the motivation - the pounds have crept back and the races have been registered for. But still, after running once a week or less for the last six months, it's hard to pick up where I left off.

Because of this, I've been very discouraged with my running for the past few weeks. Yesterday, I had a great conversation with my sister and my friend, and woke up excited to continue my running journey.

I want to be a runner, and runners run. My first 10k race of the year is this Saturday. Earlier in the year, I'd hoped that I would PR at this race, but now I'm hoping to beat my time from my first race there (1:16ish). Last year's time was 1:05:03, and I will definitely not beat that. I'm ok with that; I'm looking forward to the race!

I had a great run today. 5k, no walking. I feel good with my pace - it's the best pace I've had all year! I'm really looking forward to gaining the mileage back and getting faster again. I have a bunch of ten mile runs just itching to come out.

Distance: 3.1 Miles
Time: 35:39
Pace: 11:29

3 comments:

  1. Happy to see you blogging again! Can't wait to hear about those 10milers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're back! Even though I don't know nuttin' about runnin'! :P

    ReplyDelete