Friday, June 10, 2011

5k at Night

Today the plan was to run at the beach, but since my husband woke me up at 5:00am to do so (while he went fishing), I said forget it. Instead, I spent the morning on the boat, relaxing and playing with my new iPhone. I think I'm in love with it. I may have to get divorced and marry it. I'll keep you posted. On my Facebook account. Or my Twitter.

Right before dinner, I went out for a 5k. It was raining, so I took my rain jacket. Turns out the rain stopped and I got hot, so I took the jacket off at mile 1 and tied it around my waist. My goal was to run fast enough to stay under 11:30 minute miles. It was very tough. I did good in the middle, but the last mile, it was all I could do to keep running. I was SO out of breath. I was panting pretty heavily. I'm sure the neighbors in their yards appreciated that.

I did pretty good! My time was 35:08. I have a 5k race on the 18th, and I'd love to be in the 33 minute range. I'm hoping for a couple more faster 5k's before that, to increase my pace so I can get there.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 35:08
Pace: 11:19

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the neighbours were impressed that you were out there running your heart out while they were on their couches! :) I know I would be!

    ReplyDelete