Friday, August 20, 2010

Race Day Outfit

For some reason, I'm having a hard time finding a race outfit for this upcoming race! I think it's because I was so disappointed in the pictures from this race last year. Yes, it may sound vain, but I'd like to look as good as possible in my race photos.

I have one super cute pink shirt that I may wear... it looked better before I gained 5 lbs, and I'll bet it would look even cuter if I lost 10 lbs. So, it's not as cute as it could be. I might have to take a trip to the store this week to see if I can find something that fits me now, and looks cute now. Because, ultimately, that's why I run - to be cute. Ok, not really, but I like when that happens!

I ran a 5k tonight. I have not been sleeping well this week, so I slept in today instead of running before work. By "slept in" I mean, "got woken up an hour early by my husband saying, a little too loudly, 'I guess you're not running this morning!'" I responded with, "NO! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP IN! SHHH!!!!!!" I later sent a text message to him apologizing for my response. You'd think after 15 years of marriage he'd know not to bother me before 9:00 am. I digress.

I ran this evening instead of this morning, and I ran on empty. I was so tired, but I needed to run, so I went and did it. Not the best pace, and I took two walk breaks, but I did it, and I'm glad.

Distance: 3.11
Time: 35:21
Pace: 11:21

1 comment:

  1. So there is no hope for my hubs to ever understand that I'm NOT a morning person? :)

    Will we get pics of the new threads?

    ReplyDelete