Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maintenance Week

No long run for me this week, just maintenance runs at an easy pace. That does mean I have to actually get out and run, though. Ahem.

I took four days off since the race. My run today was supposed to be at a 12:04 pace. I decided to go out and just run easy, and hopefully stay under that pace. Sometimes when I take a few days off, that next run is really hard mentally. I start running and question whether or not my body was meant to run. It doesn't feel natural - walking feels natural. I wanted to walk quite a few times, but I kept remembering what my husband tells me. I always complain to him when I have a rough run, or walk more than I wanted, and he always tells me the same thing. He says that I could push myself a lot harder than I do. I find it encouraging that he thinks I'm better than I really am. So, tonight I pushed myself. Not to run faster, but to just run. I ran the whole 10k. And it felt good. There were parts that were hard, but for the most part, it was just good.

Distance: 6.23
Time: 1:08:03
Pace: 10:55

No comments:

Post a Comment